If you hire employees or are considering hiring in 2016, you should be familiar with the new Oregon employment law. At the March 16th Boosters meeting we welcome Attorney David James Robinson who will speak about new laws for Oregon employers including:
- Ban the Box (HB 3025B)
- Non-Compete Agreements (HB 3236)
- Mandatory Sick Leave (Senate Bill 454 and Portland City Code Title 9)
- Wage Transparency (HB 2007)
- Changes in the minimum wage
Don’t leave yourself exposed to potential discrimination lawsuits or fines. Come to this meeting to learn and prepare your company for these changes.
Mr. Robinson is a Portland attorney specializing in business solutions including business startups and commercial leases. He helps his clients transact wealth and also offers wealth planning solutions that include estate and retirement planning.
He runs a sustainable and digital practice, bikes to appointments with clients, and gives back to the community by donating his legal expertise to qualified nonprofit organizations. You can learn more about him as his website: DavidJamesRobinson.com.
John Street Cafe, 8338 N Lombard St.
- 7:15 am – Introductions
- February meeting minutes approval
- Staff Reports
- Communications and IT
- Business District Relations
- Old Business
- Guest Speaker – New Laws for Oregon Employers
- New Business
- 9:00 am – Adjourn