First Look: The Future of Pattie’s Home Plate Deli and The Man’s Shop
Guerrilla Development, in conjunction with St. Johns’ very own Convergence Architecture, present the prospective adaptive reuse at 8501/8511 North Lombard Street. You may recognize another project in our downtown corridor, the 2/3 Development Project which was completed in 2015 and is home to such businesses as Cathedral Eye Care, Mikasa, The Garrison, Breathe and The Nest: A Hair Loft.
The original two iconic tenant spaces facing North Lombard St., Pattie’s Home Plate Deli and The Man’s Shop, will remain as smaller suites for new tenants. Two additional tenants will occupy retail spaces entering from North Leavitt Ave. The building will also feature a hidden restaurant/speakeasy bar with an open air courtyard in the center of the building. Planned upgrades include:
- Retaining the original and iconic Lombard Street storefronts
- Exposing original interior structure
- Integrating a discoverable open central courtyard leading through to the cozy restaurant/speakeasy bar space
- Activating the Leavitt Avenue side with inviting glassy storefronts and large roll-up doors facing the interior courtyard
- Restaurant and bar will enjoy an inside-outside connection through large roll-up doors, including a connection to a small private dining room also opening to the courtyard
- Long-term bike racks, accessible unisex restrooms, and secure trash room will also be available for building use
Looking for Retail or Restaurant Space?
For interest and inquiries, please contact Kevin Cavenaugh at Guerrilla Development: (503) 232-3479
Thank you to Joe Purkey and Kristie Van Boxtel of Convergence Architecture for sharing these images and information with us. Joe also oversees Land Use for the St. Johns Boosters.