Working together to strengthen the St. Johns neighborhood
Tuesday – Friday: 9 am – 5 pm
8250 N Lombard
Portland, OR 97203
We work to strengthen the St. Johns neighborhood through people-centered economic development and community building.
- Lindsay Jensen, Executive Director
- Jenna Hudson, Community Resources Manager
- Maria Rojas, Farmers Market Manager
We envision a thriving, diverse, and just St. Johns where everyone has access to affordable housing, benefits from economic opportunity, and is civically engaged in the community. We engage in activities to support this vision in four key areas:
- Connecting local businesses to resources and information
- Strengthening our local workforce by connecting residents (including youth) to local jobs and supporting them in their job seeking efforts
- Affordable housing advocacy
- Promoting community engagement as a way to build relationships, celebrate St. Johns, and support more civically engaged residents.
Since our inception we have brought increased vitality to St. Johns through physical improvement projects like new trash cans and refurbished benches, and strengthened local businesses through promotional events, festivals, and bi-monthly mixers. We have also strengthened other community groups by providing fiscal sponsorship, hosting regular leader gatherings and coordinating opportunities for groups to recruit new volunteers (e.g., volunteer fair, tabling at the Farmers Market). As a volunteer-driven organization, our community volunteers have dedicated over 4,000 hours of service in the last year.