June 9, 2020
Let your voice be heard.
The City of Portland and Prosper Portland, in partnership with Venture Portland, Champions Barbering Institute and Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa are hosting a listening session to hear from businesses in the personal services industry, and how the city can support as we look towards reopening. This is a part of a series of industry and culturally specific listening sessions open to the public. This listening session is focused on reopening Portland's personal services businesses.
- Jamaal Lane, Champions Barbering Institute/Champions Barber Shop
- Guillem Ortega, Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa
This session is open to the public and intended for businesses in the personal services industry. If this session is fully registered, a video will be made available when the session concludes.
Staffed by: Prosper Portland, Multnomah County, City of Portland, State of Oregon
- Share information about new health requirements and understand business community’s questions and concerns
- Identify reopening challenges and opportunities from different industry segments & culturally specific communities
- Incorporate business voices using Equity & Vulnerability Lens
The State of Oregon and Multnomah County will define the public health requirements for reopening, and we at the City want to support clarity and implementation for businesses. We want to hear from you! What are your questions and concerns? How can we prepare for reopening? The listening sessions have been scheduled based on the Reopening Framework Phases defined by the Governor. However, the timing of these calls does not indicate the timing of reopening, which will be driven by the health and safety parameters determined at the state level.
Dr. Anthony Fauci: “You don't make the timeline, the virus does.”
The State of Oregon and Multnomah County plan to listen in on the calls to hear the feedback.