There’s a chill in the air, and the St. Johns Boo-sters are ready to help you (safely) celebrate Halloween in the business district!
Some of you may remember our Halloween Scavenger Hunt that we introduced in 2020, and we’re bringing it back this year!
The scavenger hunt begins at the start of business on Thursday 10/29 and goes through 10/31, or until we run out of candy!
- Pick up a scavenger hunt sheet at one of the participating businesses.
- Look for decorations/clues in the business’s windows. They will be designated with a Boosters logo so you will know it is an official clue! (Note: since the clues will be in store windows, you can go anytime, not just during store hours!)
- Answer the questions on the scavenger hunt sheet. Don’t forget to check the back for a fun puzzle!
- Once you have completed the entire sheet, you can turn in your sheet to one of the businesses and receive a pre-packaged bag of candy.
Participating businesses are:
Thank you to St. Johns Church for supplying and assembling the candy bags!
Pumpkin Giveaway & Decorating Contest
The Pumpkin Giveaway and Decorating Contest are still going strong! We wanted to give the kids in the community the chance to get a pumpkin and show off their decorating skills.
- Pick up a pumpkin at participating businesses between October 1 -October 31st (while supplies last!)
- Decorate them at home – carve, paint, decorate however you like!
- Post a public photo to Instagram using the hashtag #stjohnsboo and tag the business where you got the pumpkin.
- On October 31st, winners will be selected and receive prizes!
Pickup Locations are:
Thank you to A Nice Lady in St. Johns for suppling the prizes, and to Plumper Pumpkin Patch for Donating the sugar pie pumpkins!
A special thanks to Venture Portland for their ongoing support. These events are made possible thanks to our participation in Venture’s Catalytic Investment Initiative program.
We hope you all have a frightfully good Halloween!