Always report all crime!
Thank those who came out after work in the rain to the Crime Prevention Meeting, sponsored by the St. Johns Boosters Business Association on April 12th. Mark Wells, City of Portland’s Community Organizing Specialist and our NERT (Neighborhood Emergency Response Team) officer Michael Schmerber shared a lot of good information regarding our local crime and setting up a Business Watch program.
The one thing that stood out was the need to report all crime!
In an emergency always call 911.
Otherwise you should report to either:
- Online Reporting: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/cor/
- or call non-emergency at 503-832-3333. Report no matter how small it may seem!! It takes just a few minutes and will assist us in getting services that we need to feel safe and secure in our businesses.
We will have some magnets and literature at our general meeting on April 20th.
Our General Membership meeting will be held this coming Wednesday morning, 7:15 am, at Johns Street Cafe. Rather than a guest speaker this week, we will have the opportunity to listen to one or two of our members talk about their businesses. We will also introduce a draft revision of the bylaws for discussion.
Location: John Street Cafe, 8338 N Lombard
- 7:15 am – Introductions
- March meeting minutes approval
- Staff Reports
- Communications and IT
- Business District Relations
- Old Business
- Bylaws – introduction of draft revisions and discussion
- New Business
- 9:00 am – Adjourn
Not a member?
Check our website for the 2016 Membership Application. Print it out and bring it to the April meeting or drop it off in advance with Mike Johnson at St. Johns Ace Hardware. (There are also copies of the application available at St. Johns Ace.)
We look forward to seeing you.