On November 16, 2016 we elected our new board members:
- Deanna Cantrell, Deanna Cantrell Photography
- Jean Schwartz, Metamorphic
- Matthew Wiederholt, Burgerville
- Risa Davis, Nouveau Realty Group
These board members join the current board that includes:
- Beth Preciso, The Man’s Shop
- Charlie Te, Albina Community Bank
- Cristina Marino, Cathedral Park Music
- Mary Ann Aschenbrenner, Waterlink Web
- Mike Johnson, St. Johns Ace Hardware
- Nancy Arvesen, St. Johns Library
Derek Shaw, Past President and owner of The Olive & Vine, is stepping away from the board this year but still active as a member. We thank Derek for his years of service, integrity, and ongoing commitment to the St. Johns business community.
President, Mike Johnson
Mike and his wife, Kim, own the popular Ace Hardware in St. Johns, on the corner of Lombard Street and Tyler Avenue. When he is not working at the hardware store, you will see him playing with his two happy dogs.
Secretary, Nancy Arvesen
Nancy manages the St. Johns branch of the Multnomah County Library at 7510 N Charleston Avenue. Knowledgable and kind, she is a popular librarian.
In her free time she volunteers in St. Johns, making our neighborhood a better place.
Treasurer, Charlie Te
Charlie Te went to Portland State University and graduated with a degree in Marketing, Management, and Human Resources. He recently received his MBA with a focus in Finance from Marylhurst University.
Most of Charlie’s professional career is in the financial industry working in all aspects of banking. He is the Vice President and Market Manager for Albina Community Bank for the MLK and St. Johns area.
In his spare time he likes to watch sports and explore Portland.
Members at Large
Communications and Technology Committee, Mary Ann Aschenbrenner
Mary Ann and her husband, John Aschenbrenner, have lived in St. Johns since 1990. They both enjoy gardening, hiking and this thriving neighborhood. Together they own and operate the seasonal but popular Asches Urban Honey, an apiary in their garden next to the chicken run.
After five years of website marketing and administration for Metro, Mary Ann started building websites and learning coding and search engine optimization at Portland Community College in 2012. One of her first websites was Friends of Pier Park, an advocacy organization she has volunteered for since 2005. In 2014 she completed the PCC program and earned a certificate in Website Development and Design. That is also the year she launched Waterlink Web to build websites for small businesses and nonprofit organizations.
As President of Waterlink Web, Mary Ann has built dozens of WordPress websites for small companies, individuals and nonprofits. The company slogan is, “Connecting Your Customers to You.” Waterlink Web does that by building websites that your customers will find and that make you look good on the internet.
Business District Relations Committee, Beth Preciso
An accomplished seamstress, Beth is also a big part of the success of The Man’s Shop, a men’s clothing store at 8511 N Lombard. Along with Kert Wright from Sabi & Friends Vintage, she also organizes the popular “Night on the Town.”
Member at Large, Cristina Marino
“Passion – Practice – Performance”, is the slogan for Christina’s business, Cathedral Park Music, located at 7427 N Lombard Street. Her passion for music is infectious. Her students, both children and adults, love learning, practicing and performing.
When she is not teaching music, Christina is busy running the nonprofit, Cathedral Park Performing Arts Collective.
Member at Large, Deanna Cantrell
Member at Large, Risa Davis
Member at Large, Jean Schwartz
Member at Large, Matthew Wiederholt
- Ace Hardware in St. Johns, Mike Johnson and Kim Johnson (renewed membership in 2017)
- Albina Community Bank, Charlie Te (renewed membership in 2017)
- Art of STEM, Jeannie Ruiz
- Bizzy Lizzie, Liz Smith (new member in 2017)
- Block Bikes PDX, Ben Helgren
- Blue Bird Tavern, Tim Jorgensen (new member in 2017)
- Burgerville, Matthew Wiederholt (new member in 2017)
- Cascade Environmental Solutions, Jennifer Levy
- Cathedral Park Jazz Festival, Margie Smith (renewed membership in 2017)
- Cathedral Park Music, Cristina Marino (renewed membership in 2017)
- Club Sky High, Rachel Jones (renewed membership in 2017)
- Convergence Architecture, Joe Purkey (renewed membership in 2017)
- Deanna Cantrell Photography, Deanna Cantrell (renewed membership in 2017)
- Delicious Life Wellness, Allison Kirley (new member in 2017)
- Foresters Financial, Scott Berry (new member in 2017)
- Heartful Path Therapy, J Workman-Purvine
- John Street Cafe, Yi Ninsom
- LaborWorks, Dan Kearns (new member in 2017)
- Lombard Street Tattoo (new member in 2017)
- Living Room Realty, Howard Greenfield (renewed membership in 2017)
- Lucas Cole Agency — Farmers Insurance, Lucas Cole (new member in 2017)
- Metamorphic, Jean Schwartz (renewed membership in 2017)
- Nature’s Pet Market, Matt Richards
- NAPA Auto Parts, John Randall (new member in 2017)
- North End Barber Company, Jim Cramer (renewed membership in 2017)
- Nouveau Realty Group, Risa Davis (new member in 2017)
- Oregonians Credit Union, Emily Spall (renewed membership in 2017)
- Pizza Nostra, Abdu Alhoti (renewed membership in 2017)
- Pour PDX, Trevor Thurston (new member in 2017)
- Premiere Property Group, Frank Marzetta (new member in 2017)
- RõM Shoes, Annalisa Romano
- Salty Teacup, Karen Urban and Emily Stanfield
- Shanti Om Yoga, Bhakti Foster (renewed membership in 2017)
- Sky High Glass Gallery, Rachel Jones (renewed membership in 2017)
- Something Borrowed Portland, Lane Bigsby (new member in 2017)
- St. Johns Food Share, KarenJean Lundborg (renewed membership in 2017)
- St. Johns Library, Nancy Arveson (renewed membership in 2017)
- St. Johns Center for Opportunity, Lindsay Jensen (renewed membership in 2017)
- St. Johns Racquet Center, Nina Nguyen, Manager
- St. Johns Storage, NW Self Storage, Skylar Merkelbach (renewed membership in 2017)
- St. Johns Vision Clinic, Scott Overton (new member in 2017)
- Stumptown Chiropractic, Melissa Bartoszewski (renewed membership in 2017)
- Summa North Real Estate, Kristen Riggs (new member in 2017)
- The Great North, Matt Brown and Jeff Hokyo (renewed membership in 2017)
- The Man’s Shop, Beth Preciso (renewed membership in 2017)
- The Olive & Vine, Derek Shaw
- Therapy Stores, Inc., Brittney Nicolulis (new member in 2017)
- Timmco Insurance, Greg Bair (renewed membership in 2017)
- Tré Bone, Carol Ellis
- Tulip Pastry Shop, James and Kat Gilbert
- Two Stroke Coffee Co., Seth Ciferri
- Waterlink Web, Mary Ann Aschenbrenner (renewed membership in 2017)
- West Coast Fitness, Jay and Terri Chadney (new member in 2017)
- Vern Luce, Commercial Property Owner (new member in 2017)